Wednesday, June 29, 2011

new city, new blog.

Greetings from Texas!

It seems like we've been here for a year already, but then again I would hope to know my way around a little better if that were the case. Time has flown, I guess because we've been quite the busy bees! My apologies for the two week delay on getting things going...turns out a bigger population means a bigger wait for cable and internet hook-up. We are up and running as of yesterday, though, and it feels great to be connected to the world again. I admit I do kind of miss our nightly Friends marathons and Mastermind games though...no tv or internet is good for a marriage.

Anyway, I'm going to start playing catch-up. Back to the beginning...

This was move-in madness...some of it looks better now, some of it still looks quite the same unfortunately. And honestly these pictures don't do justice to the chaos. It was an explosion of stuff...




As soon as we get a couple more things in place and get the guest bedroom looking all nice and pretty, I'll post an apartment tour of sorts.

I wish I had a picture of the kitchen when we were unpacking. Our kitchen is rather small, and having moved just after receiving a billion wedding gifts, many of which were kitchen gadgets, serving pieces, and the like, it was definitely an interesting task trying to get it all to fit. We had 4 or 5 pieces get broken during the move, too, so once we get our refund and replace those, I have to find even more room! Needless to say the roasting pan is in the guest bath closet, some wine glasses are in the front coat closet...you catch my drift. :) Here are some pics of our first home-cooked meal in the apartment! Quinoa with black beans and corn and sweet potato fries from our new toaster oven...



Look at my handsome husband eating my food. :) This was the first time I had cooked in over a month I think...we were still so full from eating out on the honeymoon and during our crazy few days back in Knoxville, we could not wait to just eat things from the fridge! We didn't eat a dinner out for real until last night...over two weeks since we got here! That's amazing for me, hah, and I was so glad to finally eat at one of Houston's many many new restaurants.

I also made cookies that night...


They were delicious and soo easy. We put them in our new cookie jar and munched on them for over a week too!

Well there's a peek into our first few days in our new city! I'll continue with the catch-up tomorrow. On the list for today: iron, Target run, work on the guest room, and then I have my first interview at a preschool this afternoon! Nervous, excited, and very in need of a job...wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Emily so glad to see and hear you and Ben are getting settled in. Houston is a BIG city. 150 miles across if I remember correctly. I love your blog and look forward to more updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you both,looks like you are doing ok! Sarah reminded me today you were married 1 month yesterday, its hard to believe. Love you two and the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your paint colors! And you will LOVE LOVE LOVE your Shark Navigator!

    ReplyDelete