Tuesday, May 1, 2012

brinner.

It's not a secret I like to plan. There are few things in life that give me more happy butterflies than a brand spankin' new planner at the start of each year...completely blank and anxiously waiting to be filled in with appointments and to-dos and lists of restaurants to try and movies to watch.

I love my husband, and I love my friends, but sometimes my G2 pen and Erin Condren planner are my companions of choice.

Love. 

My favorite thing to plan? My favorite thing...food. If I could make a job out of recipe searching, meal planning, and grocery list writing, I totally would. Any takers? Call me. Seriously.

I was pretty excited about this week's line-up. We made our first trip to a Houston farmer's market this past Saturday and stocked up on lots of seasonal produce, then I came home and looked up a few new recipes to use up our findings. Tonight's dinner was supposed to be Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Curried Apple Couscous and green beans...but unfortunately I ended up working late and was in no mood to do much chopping and stirring and what not by the time I got home. And so we called upon the one meal that is always quick and always welcome...

Breakfast for dinner. Yum.

Tonight was a fairly simple rendition of brinner...scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, cheese toast, and some pineapple, but nonetheless it was delicious. I love breakfast food. I could eat it for every meal of the day (and often do). Tonight's meal inspired me to search through my various recipe holdings and share a few I've found that would make a delightful breakfast...or lunch...or dinner.  :)








Mmm, I'll have one of each, please! For real though, now I'm hungry again...

No comments:

Post a Comment