Monday, August 22, 2011

wine night.

That last post made me sound pretty lame and boring, huh?

I kind of am.

But I figured I'd at least attempt to fool you with this post, though.

Last Thursday, despite the utter exhaustion I felt when my bum hit the couch after work, I joined some ladies from our newlywed community group for wine night at Houston's Noveau Antique Art Bar, a swanky gem disguised inside a somewhat run-down square building in the middle of a vacant lot downtown. I was really excited after checking out some pics online...the place is filled (I mean to the brim) with old Tiffany's style lamps. See:


So cool, yes? It was.

Either they don't have air conditioning or it wasn't working the night we went, so we did sweat a bit, but I really loved this place. It was super romantic and chill, and I'm excited to take the hubby sometime! I'd love to go on a Wednesday for Frank Sinatra night...how cool would that be? Antique furniture, soft light from the colorful stained glass, old music, and a nice glass of wine. So great.

We took a pic outside in front of the fun murals on the building...had to use the self-timer and prop the camera at an angle on my car's trunk, thus the sideways photo. Really it just looks cool and artsy and totally fits the locale though!

Note our totally unplanned, but totally stellar matching black ensembles.  :)

And another from inside...post 3-hour sweat fest mind you, so no judging.

So see? My life isn't that boring. My mother might disagree, but let's be real, no one can compete with Carolyn's social life.

Well, I just sat on my computer for a whole hour waiting for my online class instructor to show up...which she never did. Not cool. Got me out of ironing Ben's 5,000 work shirts though! :) Happy weeks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, is that girl's black Chanel tote REAL?????

    ReplyDelete