Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the symphony.

Sad day. I just put on a t-shirt I haven't worn since the move and it still smells like home...I miss home. I hope home will come visit me sometime soon! Hint hint... I've had to resort to Peyton Manning bribery. The Texans play the Colts at home the first week of the regular season, and I know you Knoxville-natives can't resist that laser rocket arm.  :) The guest room is getting lonely! Just sayin'...

So last night while watching my 4th hour of online videos for the week, I apparently passed out on the couch and lay motionless for some time before Ben finally poked my foot enough for my eyes to open. I don't nap much, especially when in the middle of something school-related. However, so is life of late. Just a little peek into what's been going on this week...work, watching lectures, and sleeping somewhere in between.

Saturday night the hubs and I had a fun little downtown Houston outing. We went to the symphony! It was a special performance that was right my up alley, and there was just no way we were going to miss it.


Lord of the Rings at the symphony?! Say what?! The movie was shown on the screen in the background, and the symphony played the live score right along with it! It was way cool and I got chills more than once. They even had a full chorus to sing all the scary Sauron-themed music, along with a couple angelic singers to round out all the elvish songs. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and am already excited for our next trip! It seems like they do a lot of really cool special performances. (Including a special tribute to the one and only John Williams...I know a special someone who would enjoy that one...)

 Outside Jones Hall before the show!

Tonight our community group had a great little cookout in lieu of our traditional Bible study. Ben and I got to meet some new people, get to know some we already knew a little better, and enjoy the first hotdog I had eaten in a while...it was so good. I had a long afternoon at work and was a little down before we left, but I felt so encouraged and lifted-up by the time we left. I've just really loved everyone we've met through church, and I'm so excited to have friends to do fun things with! 

Off to bed! Thankful there are only 2 days left to the weekend...and guess who has Saturday off? This kid.  :) Super pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment