Thursday, July 28, 2011

impromptu.

I love being spontaneous. I'm not very good at it, and I hardly ever do it. Probably why I love it.

I also love Thursdays. It's close enough to the weekend to be exciting but not so close that you have Friday fever all day and evening long.

So spontaneity on a Thursday? Great stuff in my book.

Today was our 2-month anniversary. I thought I was going to spend it reading about the measurement of behavior while hubs went on his weekly group bike ride. But much to my pleasant surprise, he walked in from work and told me to put some clothes on. No bike ride. We were going to happy hour. :)

Last Thursday I went out with a few ladies from church to McCormick and Schmick's, a fancy seafood restaurant with some tremendous happy hour specials. I raved about it so much Ben wanted to give it a try! He was in heaven...half pound cheeseburger and fries for $2.95. At a white tablecloth restaurant. Incredible. And yummy too! I enjoyed a beef tamale for 2 bucks and we shared some bruschetta and hummus. I love apps for dinner!

It just so happened that Crave Cupcakes is next door to the restaurant...so of course we had to bring some home for our couch time treat:

 Peek-a-boo!


 The very cool fold-out mess-proof box...

 A kitchenaid stamp on a cupcake? Love it.

Our vanilla (for me) and red velvet (for him) yummies all ready for a fork...



I don't know if I'd say it was my favorite cupcake I've had, but it was pretty good! You could see the vanilla bean in both the cake and icing on mine, which earned it points, but I might try another flavor next time. I was in plain jane mode tonight. Pure and simple.

Anyway, I loved our quality alone time away from books and computers tonight, and I'm glad we're cheesy enough to celebrate things like our 2-month wedding anniversary. Silly newlyweds...

2 comments:

  1. Awww... the happy hour!It must be in the genes! Sounds like fun! I think you should celebrate your month anniversary forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a McCormick and Schmick's in Charlotte, and we loved it. It had an old country club feel. Ben was too young to appreciate it then, so he just crouched down in the booth with his DS.

    ReplyDelete